Site Reliability Engineer
Apester, a Tel Aviv and NY based startup, is looking for a multi-skilled, creative person to join its team of content professionals. Apester is an industry-leading interactive content syndication platform that works with CNN, TIME, The Independent, RTL and thousands of other publishers worldwide. Across all platforms we serve over 500 million consumers worldwide, allowing them to engage with high end content.
If you’re a brilliant content editor with passion for advertising, marketing and news, come join our troops!
- Comfortable working with Debian-based Linux flavors
- Passionate about automating complex tasks to make life simple
- Experienced with at least one programming language – Python, Ruby, Golang, etc.
- Have a good grasp on how core Linux subsystems work
- Experienced with running production systems on public clouds
- Experienced with configuration management tools like Chef/Puppet/Ansible
- Experienced with provisioning tools such as Terraform/CloudFormation
- A good grasp on CI/CD technologies and best practices.
- Knowledgeable of Networking foundations and how the WWW works: IP protocol in general and DNS/HTTP(S) in particular, load-balancing, routing
- Experienced with running Kubernetes cluster on production scale
It’s great if you’re also:
- Experienced with scalable web applications composed of micro services
- Experienced with either RabbitMQ, Google-Pubsub or Kafka
- Experienced with monitoring tools like Nagios, Prometheus & Grafana
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will:
- Take part in developing resilient and robust infrastructure that can handle insane scale.
- Quickly identify and resolve infrastructural bugs.
- Get a chance to work with virtually all aspects of our rapidly-developing infrastructure.
- Drive the success of our systems’ advancements, cooperating with the development team in a devops culture
- Support and provide tools for our developers in their day to day production needs
- Keep your ear to the ground for new ideas and technologies that can provide a good fit for our product.