Apester has partnered with TIME for projects like their Person of the Year and TIME 100 polls for the past three years. Our interactive, visual, mobile-oriented story engine – just one of our products – allows us to power large competitions like this one.
- The Challenge: Provide an interactive outlet for readers to voice their opinion on who should be in the TIME 100 (so that they don’t have to scream into the void on Twitter).
- The Solution: For the third year running, TIME used Apester to power their poll. We used our story format, which allowed users to flip through images of politicians, entertainers, businesspeople, etc. and vote “yes” or “no” on the 135 names up for consideration.
- The Results: Over half a million users voted on Apester’s TIME 100 poll and over eight thousand users shared the poll on Facebook and Twitter.
How did readers vote?
You can use the Apester Analytics dashboard to view how a unit performed and how users voted on the unit.
- Of the 100 people chosen by voters, more than 39% were political figures, with Michelle Obama coming in second place to BTS overall.
- These were the top 10: BTS, Michelle Obama, Juan Guaidó, Greta Thunberg, Bill Gates, Lady Gaga, Justin Trudeau, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Angela Merkel, and Oprah Winfrey
- Readers chose Christine Blasey Ford to be a part of the TIME 100 and did not choose Brett Kavanaugh, whom she testified against.
BTS won the reader poll for the second year in a row, in large part thanks to social shares on Twitter:
Where in the world are the voters?
In addition to performance metrics, Apester can provide geographic data based on where voters are:
- Most of the votes – more than 20% of them – came from the United States.
- 7.7% of the votes came from South Korea, which makes sense since BTS is a K-Pop band. Additionally, more than 13% of the votes came from Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
- More than 6% of the voters were from Venezuela. This likely accounts for Juan Guadio – the leader of the opposition in Venezuela – reaching third place on the poll.
Check out the Apester Experience below:
Do you have a similar project that you would like to run on your site? Or are you looking to engage with your audience and learn more about them? Play around on the dashboard to make your own story, poll, quiz, or personality test. Embed a unit on your site and you could see a CTR as high as 67%! And thousands of social shares! If you need more convincing, check out more of our case studies here.